After School Youth Mentor
Santa Rosa, California
We are looking for Part Time Program Coordinators (Mentors) for our Clubs!
Coordinators (Mentors) help our Members every day by preparing, setting up, and running activities in these areas: Sports, The Arts, Academic Success, Character & Leadership and Health & Life Skills!
In this job, you will:
Help us further our mission of impacting the lives of kids who needs us most!
Enhance your career goals by getting direct experience working with Youth!
Be a role model by always maintaining enthusiasm and a positive attitude with youth and within the Club community.
Convey warmth, care & proper guidance in ongoing interactions with Members.
Maintain a safe, clean environment so kids can thrive!
Openings in Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Guerneville, Cloverdale, Geyserville & Healdsburg!
SUMMER: Multiple shifts between available Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5:15 PM
SCHOOL YEAR: Monday-Friday, 2 PM-6PM
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- High school diploma (or higher);
- Age 18 or older
- Mandatory negative TB test.
- Prior experience working with kids / children a plus.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING:
- Experience with youth in a Boys & Girls Club or similar program preferred.
- Must pass Instructional Aide Exam (requirement waived if candidate holds Associate's degree or higher).
- Some child care experience preferred
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend for extended periods of time.
HIGHLY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Spanish speaking
- Youth / Child Camp Counselor
- CIT / Counselor in Training
- College Students or graduates with focus in Childhood Development, Criminal Justice, Teaching
- Teacher's Aid, Teaching Assistant, Substitute Teacher
Boys & Girls Clubs of Sonoma-Marin is a nonprofit organization. Don’t miss this great opportunity to build great futures for kids!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.50 per hour
Keeping our Members safe is our top priority. In order to do that, we’ve implemented clear COVID-19 healthy & safety protocols, follow social distancing, sanitation, and Sonoma County Public Health Guidelines.
- Monday to Friday
- Signing bonus
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Experience with Children: 1 year (Preferred)
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- One location
No Job Description. Find more information in profile details or social accountsView more listings