Graphic Design Services (Nationwide)
Request for Proposals (RFP): Graphic Art and Design Services
CASA is a dynamic and community-driven organization that creates a more just society by building power and improving the quality of life in working-class Black, Latino/a/e, Afro-descendent, Indigenous, and Immigrant communities. CASA’s sister organization CASA in Action mobilizes voters to elect progressive change leaders who can produce the justice our members seek. The CASA family of organizations seeks a talented graphic designer or design agency with a strong commitment to diversity and experience in serving communities of color. We invite qualified graphic designers to submit proposals for our graphic design needs.
Scope of Work
The selected graphic designer or design agency will work closely with our organization to create visually engaging and culturally sensitive artistic materials that reflect our mission and values. The scope of work includes, but is not limited to, the following projects.
- Branding and Identity
- Develop and refine the visual identity, including color schemes, and typography for the 501C4 sister organization of CASA, CASA in Action
- Create brand guidelines for the 501C4 sister organization of CASA, CASA in Action, to ensure consistency in all our materials.
- Marketing Collateral
- Design promotional materials such as brochures, flyers, posters, and banners for events, workshops, and campaigns, using both Canva for the team to finalize edits and the Adobe Suite for more professional productions.
- Design printed literature, like doorlit and mailers, aimed at mobilizing Spanish-, French-, and English-speaking voters to cast their ballots for CASA in Action-endorsed candidates.
- Create visually appealing social media graphics for various platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), both for 501C3 purposes as well as for electioneering purposes
- Design visually captivating banners for horizontal video templates, using Canva.
- Web Design
- Collaborate with the communications team to create a visually appealing and user-friendly web pages using Wordpress with Elementor plugin
- Design graphics and visuals for our website, including banners, icons, and illustrations
- Event Graphics
- Design event-specific materials such as invitations, programs, and signage.
- Create digital assets for virtual events and webinars.
- Publication Design
- Assist in the layout and design of reports, research documents, and publications.
- Create infographics to effectively communicate data and information.
- Other Design Needs
- Provide ad hoc graphic design support as needed.
The ideal graphic designer or design agency should possess the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in serving and working with working-class Black, Latino/a/e, Afro-descendent, Indigenous, and Immigrant communities.
- A diverse portfolio showcasing design work that resonates with communities of color.
- Proficiency in industry-standard design software and tools.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with our team.
- Creative and innovative design sensibilities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Commitment to managing multiple deadlines for projects simultaneously, including rapid response, and prioritizing each project effectively.
- Knowledge of current design trends and best practices.
- Ability to receive payment via virtual credit card on a per-project basis.
- Ability to use CASA’s Asana project management platform to receive and track design requests.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing tasks efficiency
Interested graphic designers or design agencies should submit the following:
- A cover letter expressing your interest in working with CASA and serving the communities CASA works with.
- A detailed portfolio showcasing relevant design projects and examples of work centering working-class Black, Latino/a/e, Afro-descendent, Indigenous, and Immigrant communities.
- A proposed timeline for completing each of the projects listed above or a proposed timeline for the average turnaround time for any project
- A cost estimate, including hourly rates or project-based fees and description detailing how CASA is expected to remit payment.
- References from previous clients, particularly those similar to this organization.
- Your contact information, including phone number, email, and website address if any.
Designers or businesses owned by people of color are encouraged to apply and to include in the application.
All proposals must be submitted along with the values statement available at this link by Monday, October 16, 2023. Late submissions will not be considered.
Our organization will review all proposals and select the most qualified candidate or agency based on experience, portfolio quality, cost-effectiveness, and alignment with our mission and values. Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview or presentation.
We look forward to receiving your proposals and partnering with a talented graphic designer or design agency that shares our commitment to advancing social change and empowerment in working-class Black, Latino/a/e, Afro-descendent, Indigenous, and Immigrant communities.
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS OPEN TO INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS
No Job Description. Find more information in profile details or social accountsView more listings