Salary Range $20,000 - $25,000
Opportunity Start date
Haven Media Inc. is currently seeking pioneering and innovative community driven leaders to step in as champions of Haven, a growing nonprofit community based organization. Your role will stand at the intersections of racial and restorative justice and a dynamic media platform to bring together BIWOC & non binary identifying folks from all walks of life. You will be instrumental in helping shape and support Haven's strategy. Collectively, we will aim to improve community outcomes and increase racial equity for our collective through arts, media, culture and community healing.
We are seeking Haven Ambassadors for the following locations *Cities are selected based upon BIPOC community needs:
California: South Central LA & Central Los Angeles area
Louisiana: 85 Mile Stretch of the Mississippi River, Baton Rouge, New Orleans
Alabama: Sumter & Dallas County/Selma
Detroit: MI including Harper Woods & Macomb
New Mexico: Albuquerque, Zuni Pueblo, Acoma Pueblo, Laguna Pueblo
Texas: Dallas, Port Arthur
Roles & Responsibilities
- Uphold and promote the mission and vision of the organization
- Improve community outcomes and increase racial equity for womxn through arts, media, culture and community
- Research & study our targeted communities and gather demographic information that will aid in Haven’s Strategic Planning
- Identify the community resources available to our collective in those targeted areas as well as those resources that are needed for them to thrive.
- Develop partnerships with BIPOC community-based organizations i.e. schools, universities, clinics, senior centers, and stakeholders, with the aim of doing in-person and virtual programming and events with their BIWOC participants.
- Participate in community events on behalf of Haven.
- Promote Haven participation & membership including joining our social media platforms
- Identify BIWOC within the community that will share their stories and experiences on Haven’s platforms.
- Connect with BIWOC of all ages, all walks of life including the LGBTQ community and BIWOC with disabilites to increase interconnectedness and interdependence while building our Haven community.
- Haven is reimagining job qualifications, and is open to individuals who have experiences within nonprofits, private or government sectors. We are not mandating prior sector or educational experience.
- An inspirational and collaborative leader who is passionate and has unwavering belief in Haven’s mission and strategy
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity
- A passion for building & growing relationships
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Prior experience in organizing, coordinating and planning community events
- Ability to gather feedback from the community and provide innovative insight
- Experience working with multi-generations
- Bilingual (English & Spanish Preferred)
- Part Time Position
- Salary Range $20,000 - $25,000
- The role reports to the Executive Director
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Civic & Social Organization
- Haven provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or marital status.
- Part Time Position
No Job Description. Find more information in profile details or social accountsView more listings