Higher Education Coordinator
Remote in CA who are based outside of the San Francisco Bay Area
ABOUT THE POSITION
Immigrants Rising‘s Higher Education Coordinator will support the efforts of the Higher Education team to increase institutional and systemic support for undocumented students and the educators who serve them at California colleges and universities. They will also work directly with a cohort of undocumented educators to explore alternative pathways to generate income.
ABOUT IMMIGRANTS RISING
Founded in 2006, Immigrants Rising transforms individuals and fuels broader changes. With resources and support, undocumented people are able to get an education, pursue careers, and build a brighter future for themselves and their community. Immigrants Rising is a fiscally-sponsored project of Community Initiatives. For more information, visit www.immigrantsrising.org.
Reports to: Manager of Higher Education
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Coordinate UndocuEducator Beyond DACA Cohort (35%)
- Actively recruit, retain, and engage 8 undocumented educators
- Co-develop curriculum, criteria, and application process
- Plan and facilitate monthly sessions to set up participants to develop their own business
- Identify subject matter experts to speak at the meetings
- Coordinate quarterly UndocuEducators socials to build community & share skills in navigating higher ed
- Conduct and analyze pre, mid, and post evaluations
Identify & document statewide promising practices in serving undocumented students (35%)
- Interview practitioners/departments to learn more about practices
- Create Promising Practice Resources
- Provide feedback in design & dissemination of Promising Practice Resources
- Contribute to planning and attend monthly Promising Practices Roundtable sessions
Manage Higher Education contact list (15%)
- Track engagement for trainings & events and capture on database
- Update Higher Education contact list with key stakeholders
Oversee HE Training Evaluations (10%)
- Update evaluations for each training and event
- Analyze evaluations and identify common themes to share with Higher Education team
Participate in General Organization-Wide Responsibilities (5%)
- Participate in Higher Education team visioning and planning
- Attend organization-wide staff meetings and events, as needed
- Support AB 540 Regional Meetings, as feasible
- College graduate (Bachelor’s Degree minimum)
- Excellent public speaking, training and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills & time management
- Deep knowledge of academic, financial, legal and emotional challenges facing undocumented students, as well as institutional practices that support them in higher education in CA
- Working understanding of available support for undocumented entrepreneurs
- Passionate and committed to immigrant rights with deep knowledge and personal connection to the undocumented experience
- Ability to reach out for help and guidance as necessary, accept constructive criticism, and follow directions
- Strong skill set in database management
- Demonstrated ability to develop and analyze evaluation data
- High attention to detail, quick to learn, and able to grasp nuances
- 1-3 year experience working in a CA public higher education institution
We will consider applicants in CA who are based outside of the San Francisco Bay Area and who would work remotely.
TIME COMMITMENT & COMPENSATION
Part-time position, up to 20 hours per week.
Hourly rate is $27-$32. Actual compensation will vary based on related experience, skills, applicable knowledge, etc.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and 1-2 page writing sample that best represents your qualifications for the position through Higher Education Coordinator Job Application. Electronic submissions only. No phone calls please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until August 25, 2023.
For questions, email Madeleine Villanueva, Higher Education Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Immigrants Rising is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, caregiver status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
No Job Description. Find more information in profile details or social accountsView more listings