Position: JUNIOR COPYWRITER (TEMPORARY)
ABOUT IMMIGRANTS RISING
Founded in 2006, Immigrants Rising transforms individuals and fuels broader changes. With resources and support, undocumented people are able to get an education, pursue careers, and build a brighter future for themselves and their community. Immigrants Rising is a fiscally-sponsored project of Community Initiatives. For more information, visit immigrantsrising.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a temporary junior copywriter to join our Communications team and help us create and edit engaging and persuasive content. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of copywriting principles and be able to write and edit clear, concise, and compelling copy for a variety of mediums. They will also be able to work independently and as part of a team, and be able to meet deadlines.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Write clear, concise, and compelling copy for a variety of mediums, including website copy, blog posts, email marketing campaigns, and social media posts.
- Proofread text for grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors.
- Enhance the clarity and readability of text.
- Ensure that the text adheres to the organization's style guide.
- Conduct research and interviews to gather information for copywriting projects.
- Bachelor's degree in English, communications, or a related field.
- 1-2 years of experience in copywriting or a related field.
- Strong writing skills, with a focus on clarity, conciseness, and persuasiveness.
- Excellent editing skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
This is a temporary non-exempt position based on a 5-15 hour work week from August to November 2023. The hours will be distributed as 5hr/week in August and September, 15 hr/week in October, 5hr/week in November. THIS IS A CONTRACTING opportunity
Hourly rate is $25-$30. Actual compensation will vary based on related experience, skills, applicable knowledge, etc.
This is a remote position for candidates based in the U.S.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Immigrants Rising is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, caregiver status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three writing samples that best represent your qualifications for the position through this form. Electronic submissions only. No phone calls please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until August 25, 2023.
For questions, email Claire Calderon, Storytelling & Grants Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Job Description. Find more information in profile details or social accountsView more listings