Position: DATA MANAGER ( LOCATION: remote
Type: Contractor (6-month contract) pay: $67,000-$73,000 (Pro-rated) Contractor (possibility of hire)
Deadline: July 15, 2022 or as soon as available February, 2023
ORGANIZATION Mijente is a digital and grassroots hub for Latinx and Chicanx movement building and organizing. Launched in 2015, Mijente seeks to strengthen and increase the participation of Latinx people in the broader movements for racial, economic, climate, and gender justice. Mijente has since become a widely sought entry point and partner for Latinx people and communities across the United States, Puerto Rico, and internationally, to study and train together, to organize and grow power against, without, and within the state and to create the art, music, and space for healing that has transformed our network into a political home. As our organization grows, in 2021 we are strengthening our organizing infrastructure and seeking individuals with a passion for movement-building and grassroots organizing. Mijente is part of a family of organizations: Mijente (501c4), Mijente Support Committee (501c3), Mijente PAC (political action committee).
POSITION SUMMARY: the Data Manager will support the organization’s data collection and management between our political field work, community organizing, digital outreach, and grassroots fundraising. A strong candidate will possess excellent troubleshooting skills and aptitude for technology and willingness to learn.
RESPONSIBILITIES● Work with Mijente Political Director, key state directors, local partners, and leadership to develop national and local campaign universes for electoral campaigns.
● Be the main database administrator for and maintain a sole-source of truth in Mijente’s CRM (EveryAction) and Voter File Database (VAN) in multiple states.
● Serve as the main administrator for a number of voter contact and outreach tools including Hubdialer, Hustle, Strive, Vote.org.
● Serve as the managing team member for data contractors, including The Movement Cooperative.
● Maintain standards for managing and moving data across multiple systems, ensuring data integrity, quality assurance, and a high level of documentation and transparency
.● Support team members and affiliates by responding to technical issues and providingtraining and documentation.
● Perform other duties as assigned.Desired Qualifications*
● Experience working in political data (proficiency with voter files, targeting, VAN, and EveryAction).
● Experience managing data for a large-scale campaign and managing contractors.
● Experience working with community organizations and volunteer operations.
● Proficiency in SQL (or willingness to learn).
● Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks,and demonstrated experience in developing campaign and personal work plans andgoals.
● Comfortable working independently and remotely.
● Ability to travel on a regular basis as needed.
● Bilingual (Spanish-English).
Mijente makes a particular effort to recruit people of color, women, LGBTQ and working class people.COMPENSATION & BENEFITSThis temporary contracting position offers medical, dental insurance, and a monthly remote work stipend.
TO APPLY:Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until the contracting position is filled. To apply please submit your resume along with a cover letter via email as promptly as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include in the subject line the position title. We cannot respond to telephone or email inquiries.*Note: These are desired skills but we strongly encourage anyone with any number of these skills to apply.
No Job Description. Find more information in profile details or social accountsView more listings