Social Media Manager
Los Angeles, CA or Washington, DC
As part of the Communications Team, the Social Media Manager will help the Deputy Director of Digital Strategies elevate the organization’s brand and provide meaningful engagement opportunities to its diverse stakeholder groups including NALEO members, policy thought leaders, donors, partners, media and the Latino community. The Social Media Manager will help the Communications Team expand our reach to key audiences by effectively executing online campaigns, performing social media testing and experiments, and collaborating across departments to share content on all of the organization’s social media platforms. This position reports to the National Director of Communications. It is full-time non-exempt position based in Los Angeles, CA, or Washington D.C. with a salary that is commensurate with experience.
- Monitors organization’s presence across social media platforms and assists with the development and management of a social media content calendar for the organization’s digital assets.
- Provides support to the Deputy Director of Digital Strategies on social media content creation and execution.
- Edits and posts digital communications assets to create an active, impactful presence for NALEO Educational Fund on social media platforms.
- Works collaboratively with departments to help manage specific campaigns on various social media platforms that produce a consistently high-quality communications effort around key programs and messages.
- Interprets analytics across digital channels and platforms to produce meaningful reports that inform progress against benchmarks.
- Maintains and grows organization’s brand through social, organic and paid media as needed.
- Conducts and reports on message testing through paid digital media efforts as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to attendance and punctuality standards of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required, preferably in relevant field (Journalism, Communications, English, Political Science or similar area of study).
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish strongly preferred.
- At least three years of experience working on digital campaigns or demonstration of deep proficiency with the current digital landscape relevant to this role.
- High-level of “digital curiosity”, especially when it comes to using a suite of digital tools—from e-newsletters to social media channels—to create the organization’s online community. Must understand the latest digital trends and think about how they can affect engagement across audiences
- Demonstrated record of building digital communities over time using understanding of user behavior.
- Ability to perform basic photo and video editing using Photoshop, iMovie, or editing applications to create compelling and optimized social media content for audiences.
- Experience with digital management and monitoring tools, knowledge of SEO, and key performance indicators, as well as vlogging or recording on-camera commentary optimized for Stories and other forms of video content.
- Ability to think critically in a fast-paced work environment, and proven aptitude for handling multiple tasks and effectively prioritizing workloads of all team members.
- Willingness to travel as needed and work extended hours as duties require (evening and weekends).
- If a driver, must have a valid driver’s license with proof of automobile insurance coverage.
- Collegial and team-oriented attitude with ability to work respectfully with people from all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Supportive of the mission and philosophy of the NALEO Educational Fund.
No Job Description. Find more information in profile details or social accountsView more listings