State Program Coordinator
State Program Coordinator (GA)
The Organization: Poder Latinx is a civic and social justice organization. Our vision is to dismantle the political barriers and strengthen the power for the Latinx community to become decision-makers in our country’s democracy and win on economic, immigrant, and environmental issues. Our mission is to work to build a sustained progressive voting bloc of Latinxs in battleground states across the country. We do this by leading a voter-integrated engagement program where all aspects of voter engagement, issue-based campaigns, leadership development, voting reform, voter protection, and narrative change form a continuous cycle of political consciousness. Through our work, we empower and equip Latinxs to become agents of change now. Founded in 2019, Poder Latinx operates in Central Florida, including Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Lake, Polk, counties, Arizona East Valley of Maricopa county, and in Georgia including Gwinnett, Cobb, Dekalb, Fulton, and Clayton counties.
Job Description: Responsibilities for the State Program Coordinator role center around managing our programmatic work; management of staff; and execution of operations and administrative work.
1. Organizing and Voter Engagement:
- Manage Poder Latinx's organizing efforts on our three core issues and end-to-end voter engagement plans which aim to engage the Latinx community year-round
- Lead execution of state-based strategic plans
- Lead daily data and metrics tracking: ensure accuracy, identify needed changes, and analyze the success of each program
2. Staff Management:
- Directly manage canvass lead(s) and other staff, as assigned by State Program Director
- Recruit, hire, train,and retain a strong, diverse team
- Ensure that each member of the team has clear annual goals and knows what success looks like for their role.
- Ensure that staff deliver great results using strong and equitable day-to-day management practices.
- Serve as a coach and champion for your staff and support them to do their best work through frequent feedback.
- Track progress towards goals; support and troubleshoot when a project is off-track.
- Manage personnel challenges directly, kindly, and firmly using the organization’s progressive discipline procedures.
- Build a collaborative and inclusive team culture where all staff feel a sense of belonging
3. Operations and Administration:
- Alongside the State Program Director and working closely with national operations staff, implement processes and procedures on administrative matters, such as payroll and budgeting.
- Serve as a liaison between staff and Human Resources, as needed
- Manage the operational aspects of the day-to-day office activities
4. Support State Program Director’s State Leadership
- Represent Poder Latinx at C3 and C4 civic tables and coalition spaces, as needed
- Represent Poder Latinx in the media, as needed
- Strong manager: Demonstrated experience leading advocacy campaigns or voter engagement teams to accomplish results; and ability to cultivate staff development through direct feedback and strong inclusive and equitable management practices. Able to work through conflict directly and in ways that build trust and relationships. Able to build an inclusive and equitable culture. Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures to successfully motivate staff and meet programmatic goals.
- Strong tech aptitude: Proven ability to quickly learn and effectively use GoogleSuite, administer and train others on CRM platforms and other tech tools. Strong preference for experience with Voter Activation Network (VAN). Ability to to administer and train others on the tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in-writing with funders, partners, media, and staff.
- Manages a high volume of work with efficiency: Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priority projects while meeting established deadlines. Strong attention to detail. Ability to be flexible and be able to adapt with changes.
- Mission alignment: Committed to our mission of building a sustained progressive voting bloc of Latinxs in battleground states across the country and winning on economic, immigrant, and environmental issues that impact Latinx communities.
Bilingual English/Spanish (written and oral) skills are necessary.
We are also looking for candidates with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in organizing and civic engagement. Knowledge on civic engagement and immigration, economic and environmental justice strongly preferred.
The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $60,000 commensurate on experience. Benefits include health benefits and generous time off package including healthcare, dental and vision coverage at no cost to the employee, 3 weeks of vacation (1 week fixed) as well as sick leave and paid family leave. Retirement benefits to include 403b with a match and life insurance and disability benefits included.
- Ability to work on long hour, nights, weekends, and tentatively travel
- Working cell phone
- Active Driver’s license, with reliable transportation with valid auto insurance coverage
- Must be based in the northern Atlanta region in GA or willing to travel to the region to supervise in-person activities.
COVID Disclosure: Poder Latinx has transitioned to lead operations on the ground, staff should be comfortable with attending in-person activities and must meet the following requirements:
- Must be fully vaccinated, have proof of vaccination card and be willing to update vaccine status as required.
To apply: Please email your resume, cover letter, and two references to email@example.com The email-subject line should read “State Program Coordinator” or may be missed. All resumes not matching the listed qualifications or following the application process will not be considered for the position. Lastly, no phone calls or additional unsolicited follow-ups, please.
The above job description is intended to help describe the general work level of performance, knowledge and expectation from the person holding this position. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the role. Poder Latinx (c)(3) and (c)(4) reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Poder Latinx is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women, people of color, immigrants, people with disabilities and LGBT candidates to apply. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all our staff, volunteers, community members, subcontractors, and vendors.
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS OPEN TO DACA AND NON DACA. This opportunity is open to 1099 Contractors.
No Job Description. Find more information in profile details or social accountsView more listings